Search This Blog

Tuesday 13 September 2016

My 5 Top Tips for Healthy Skin

Hope you're all having a great week and enjoying the little bit of sunshine we had today!

So as you all know I'm a makeup artist and I've had lots of questions about makeup but more so about the skin. I decided to do a blog with some tips that I find keeps my skin healthy and glowing. ( I'm not a skin expert so this is just what I find works for me and some clients/friends)

We all know that we can use concealer until the cows come home but for a girl, having flawless skin without makeup is what we all want. Here are a few things that i feel helps keep my skin healthy😗

1. Drinking plenty of water
This is a given and you will hear it time and time again. Water helps to keep your skin hydrated. Especially for those working in an office with air conditioning/heaters, make sure you have plenty of water on hand through out the day. I like to start my day with hot water and a slice or two of lemon. This also helps boost your metabolism
.Image result for water

2. Eat well
We aren't going to be on a healthy buzz 365 days of the year but by eating healthy / feeding our bodies with good nutrients that majority of the time can really show on our skin. Plenty of fruit and veg, good proteins and fats, fish ( omegas are fantastic for the skin) etc. Some people lack certain vitamins in their diet so these can be supplemented. I personally supplement my body with "Artic Sea". These are rich in Omega 3 & 9. It is advised we eat 3-4 portions of fresh fish every week and I know I don't do this so I take Artic Sea every morning to make sure my body is not lacking these nutrients . They're also fantastic for your joints and concentration so a brilliant all round supplement. ( www.roisindolan.myforever.biz/store/ ) 
If you notice you are getting breakouts in certain areas of your face, this can be related to certain foods you are eating/ time you are eating at.

Image result for forever arctic sea
3.Daily skin regime
Most ladies cleanse tone and moisturize on a daily basis. It is also important to exfoliate your skin at least once if not twice a week. I used to hate exfoliating my skin as I felt most exfoliaters would almost rip my skin as they were so harsh, along with stinging my eyes. I fell in love with this luxurious skin care range almost 2 years ago now and I have never looked back. It's so gentle yet so effective. I get so many compliments on how well my skin looks and to be honest I put it down to using this along with drinking the Aloe Vera gel every morning. It has 75 nutrients in one shot and helps promote healthy skin.


4. Sleep
There's almost nothing a good nights sleep can't cure. Personally after a late night out/ travelling/ lack of sleep in general I would notice my skin would change a little. It's recommended we get 8hours sleep but as we all know, most people don't. I notice fine line and little bags/puffiness around my eyes with lack of sleep. The best thing to cure this is to sleep 😜 Sleep sleep sleep😴

5.Excercise
For me personally excercise is so important for healthy skin,body and mind. It's not everyone's favourite thing to do when they get in from work after a long day. Especially now that the evenings are getting shorter it might be another excuse. Even if it's just a short walk, jog, swim 30mins in the gym or whatever type of excercise you choose, I gauretee you will feel so much better after it. If you're feeling stressed maybe from work or personal life, excercise can really take your mind off it for a short while and get the happy hormones running through your body which in turn is good for your skin.


There are lots more tips I could share with you but I feel these are the most important ones! I also feel if you have a skin issue that it needs to be fixed from the inside out. Whether it's from a certain type of food you are eating, something you're drinking etc the best way to fix it is from the root.


I hope this helps some of you out and if you have any questions that I can help with, don't hesitate to ask.
Snapchat: roisindolan

I plan on doing a face mask tutorial over on my snapchat over the next few days so make sure to keep an eye out for that. I promise you will have a good laugh at it😂

Roisin xxx 

1 comment:

  1. Nice content. Your post is very informative and educating us about My 5 Top Tips for Healthy Skin. I really like your explanation here. Thanks for sharing. cocoonmedicalspa.com

    ReplyDelete